Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Looking at My Friendslists

I decided to look over my facebook friendlists. I learned a few things. Here are some of the things I learned.

By my definition of Friendship, I have 8 facebook friends I consider True Friends. I went over the list 3 times and grouped them together. 8 out of nearly 600.

As near as I can tell, there are 25 girls on my friendslist who I at one time or another had a crush on. Some of those it's hard to believe I ever liked. Exactly 2 are also on my list of "True Friends."

I have 17 Family Members among my friends, including my entire immediate family.

There are at least as many people on my list that I keep around in the event they might be helpful to me later in life as there are true friends - I stopped counting after 7, and know there was at least one more.

There are 7 people on my friendslists who have betrayed me at one time or another: at least four of them would have been on my list of "True Friends" if not for these betrayals.

All of my facebook friends who are on none of these lists are either people who I think are cool, but don't really know that well, or people whom it would be awkward and potentially create drama (for me or for our mutual friends) if I unfriended.

Tell me, does this seem normal to you? Are any of these groups unusually skewed, as you see it? I'm just wondering.

No comments: