Friday, December 11, 2009

Disillusionment

I make no secret of the fact that I struggle to get along with my father's side of the family. I just don't click with them. I feel awkward, and as if we have nothing in common. I had one hope among them: one of my cousins was reasonably like me. I admired his fashion sense, he had a clever wit, and I thought that he and I might get along.

Less than an hour ago, I saw he had changed his facebook profile picture to this Demotivational Poster of Santa Claus:

In case the picture ever breaks, this is what it reads:
DEAR CHILDREN
One Day You Will Learn Everything About Santa Claus. On That Day Remember Everything The Adults Have Told You About Jesus.

Congratulations. You have killed my hope for your branch of the family. I knew you weren't Christian. I didn't know you were so far gone as to senselessly attack Christian faith.

1 comment:

A Zorn said...

that poster kind of intrigues me - because that's exactly the reason my parents never told me Santa Clause existed... because I might think Jesus was a fairy tale too..