Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ear Infection

A couple days ago, my right ear seemed stuffed. Like when you have too much earwax, or when you're in an airplane and your ears need to pop. But I didn't have earwax, and I wasn't on an airplane. The next day, I blew my nose, and it felt like someone was trying to stab his way out of my head through my ear. That's when I called my doctor and scheduled an immediate appointment (or rather, an appointment for 6:45 that evening, because there were no immediate appointments). He confirmed that I have an ear infection. Which I sort of suspected. Now, I'm on antibiotics and Ibuprofen, and while I don't feel great, I feel a lot less terrible than I did.

The interesting thing is, feeling mildly lousy seems to have combined with my overall lethargy of unemployment for the summer and produced that same feeling from school when I would be too sick to go to school, but not so terrible I couldn't enjoy The Price Is Right when it came on. That's a good feeling. I've accomplished even less today than the past several days, but I'm fine with that, because I'm sick. But I'm still not so sick that it ruined my day. Apparently being sick is just another of those things that gives perspective to my life.

No comments: